Visual blog by Merisa McCollum

All Content © Merisa McCollum. Powered by Blogger.

A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS


I've been trying to hone in on my style more. I'm figuring out that it's definitely an eclectic mix of old world meets the modern world. Every time I visit really old historical places I can't help but fall in love with the deep colors, rich fabric and solid wood pieces of the time. It's re-kindled my love for antiques over the past few years. On the other hand, I love simple clean lines, white walls (with black accent walls or black doors/trim work) and simplicity that can be seen in modern streamlined homes.

Even though the house isn't done, I'm hoping that when it is that my collection, and all of my other home decor items, come together to form a collected feel throughout my space and not just a hodgepodge of random stuff that doesn't make sense. Only time will tell, I guess.

I got the English riding hat from West End Collectables here in San Angelo. The pillow I picked up in England at a gift shop within the London Tower. (No, I'm not above gift shop shopping.) The oil painting I bought from Etsy artist Kenney Mencher. A unique find among his other stuff. You can find his store here

No comments