Visual blog by Merisa McCollum

All Content © Merisa McCollum. Powered by Blogger.

HERE & THERE

Every single day, every moment and the little spaces in-between those moments I sit, study or think about photography. It's my greatest passion. It keeps me sane and inspired and connected. Without it I would only be a shell of who I am. 

Lately, I've been asking myself, "What can I do better? How can I move forward?"

It brought me to some thoughts about spending. I've spent a lot of time and money trying to make our house a home. For me, for the family, it has been an investment. Growing up poor, with very little, I always wanted my kids to have a home they could be proud of. No monetary value could stop me from achieving that. For the most part I have. With renovation projects nearing completion, including a new office knook for me, I feel I can once again begin to focus back on where I want to be with my photography and what it will take to get me there.



I plan on sitting down and brainstorming ideas on how to save for a new camera. Currently I am using something so incredibly outdated, and considered "semi-professional", with settings that are equally so. It's no longer cutting it. I've put this aspect of my life on the back burner, but I'm ready to change that. It's time to start making this part of my life more of a priority and less of a "hobby". I get antsy just thinking about it, but I know that in due time things will come together. It might take a year of saving and planning and executing and a whole lot of patience, but when it comes to my future, my girls future, it's more important then anything else. 

I want my girls to know that if you love to do something, if you are truly passionate about it, and you put in the hard work (no matter how long it takes) then you can achieve the life and career path you desire and you can do what you love in life. It doesn't just have to be a dream, dreams can and do come true, if you work relentlessly towards your goals and never let giving up be an option. 

So, with that said, cheers to career paths and choices and making your dreams come true. 

No comments